Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Motherhood - an emotional journey

I am a New Mom - a second time around.. like they say - its never enough experience for somethings in life and "Childbirth" is one such thing.

No 2 pregnancies are alike and no 2 babies are similar and you as a MOM are not the same too.

The family and the social fabric that changes also bring in a tonne of challenges. The first time its about discovering parenthood - if that is true then the second time around is about ENJOYING it all over again - knowing what to expect and expecting the joys .

The first one year of the baby is a beautiful time - especially for the mom - because NOTHING else is more important to the baby than you. A feeling that is unparallel.

A feeling that most moms cherish deep within forever - even if the child is 30 and has found their own nest.

My elder one all of 7 has his own agenda now - but I still wish I could go back in time and be THE special one - but like they say time flies - in case of children it flies like a super-sonic jet.....

A couple of years from now - I will be managing a teenager - the thought sends down a shiver down my spine. The social feedback on teens is not helping either - I hear bizzare stories about everything that could go wrong.

I sometimes have begun wondering if we have become epitomes of negativity - we hardly have positive things to share as parents - we are totally ready with handy incidents that went wrong and in that process we have successfully petrified a mom who was otherwise fine...

All this translates to some nightmares sometimes - especially since the mothers are the more emotional lot - also probably because deep within our children are still infants - forever.....

The father let's the child grow and grow up- I guess mothers dont let that happen too easily - naturally so because bonding with the father happens when the child grows - with the mother its the other way round...

My lil fellow is 10  Months old now - has starting standing and walking with some help - is discovering sounds as he blabbers - I AM still THE MOST PRECIOUS person to him - But I can see his intrest in cars , bikes and all other things that his Big Bro likes - they bring a spark to his face and he lights up... Good yes er actually I don't know....

Deep within I wish I could slow this whole process down - I wish I could make the first 2 years to take 20 and the next 18 to take 2 - I would be solving soo many probs with this... I would get soo many more moments of  mommy-time.

Sighhh this is just a wish and as I know this I congnizantly slow down with life, work and other stuff - including dusting and cleaning.

10 years later I might have a designer house - but now I have my babies who still hug me and cuddle me and run to me and cry for me ... and I am enjoying this

This is precious and worth savouring slowly - all else can wait...........

Including weight loss :P :P

5 comments:

cherry said...

nice blog uma keep writing naaku mi narration baga natchindi........

Unknown said...

Awesome.Totally connected as I have a 15th month old. Really wish for time to move like a old song :)

Unknown said...

Are all mommy's thoughts similar?I think so after reading your blog!!loved it!!keep writing more and more!!

Unknown said...

Somehow ur blog doesn't seem to like me commenting..after some 15 attempts, (my spelling dint match)i cud post as an anonymous reader :-)

cheers,
bharthi

Uma Duddu said...

@All thanks for all the good words - truly encouraging - Bhatty you are especial na islye :D