Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My dose of Motivation

Aug 05 2008 - Yesterday - A memorable day of my life..

I had the good fortune of meeting Ms. Kiran Bedi. Seeing her in person and having a chance to have heard her speech - truly inspiring.

Also had a chance to see and listen to Mr. Subroto Bagchi (the brain behind Mindtree consulting). One of the finest and most inspiring speeches i have ever heard till date.

As a retrospective i am now thinking about life in general, and my aspirations towards it in particular. How i can improve over myself. What drives me? what are my passions and so on.

It has truly been a "Self Discovery" exercise from then on and i am sure it will continue to be one. Somewhere in the recent past i have decided to define success for myself.

Success as i see it not as per the society's norms, also not as what my peers see it , sometimes not even as my spouse sees it - Simply as I see it.

Because towards the end it's Me that matters the most. I am back with a new zeal , that will ensure that i become a better person.

Come to think of it - i have realized that all of us are unique and this is really important. So when we want to be better we can only be better than our current selves.

On a closing note - i am quoting what i heard from the leadership of my company..

"Aspire to become what your 5 year old thinks you are."

PS: If you don't have a 5 year old then consider your mom / granny or whoever thinks you are a Super Star...

Wishing you all a Very Happy Journey on the path of Self Discovery...........

2 comments:

RDD said...

hmmm.. good thought ihave been thinking this way lately too :)
i'm with u in your endeavours though noti n person but in thought :D

Unknown said...

hii uma akkaa...this post of yours inspired me quite a lot....thank you!!!! :).......krithika