Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Game called LIFE

As, I write this post I am in a state where there is lull before the storm kind of silence at work. The break that one often gets between two super challenging and hair pulling tasks. I am enjoying the leisure that comes with this fully aware that there is going to be something soon and that something is going to need all my strength and commitment. For the yet uninitiated - I am on BENCH :)

I have come across several comments in the past 3 weeks ( the duration of this luxurious paid holiday of mine till date). Some of them have asked me if i am not anxious since i don't have work to do. I totally believe if I don't get such breaks i will break. Non stop work hasn't done anyone good at any time. I am enjoying this gap - the freedom TO DO NOTHING is surely a great gift when normally you have tonnes to wind up. I have begun reading with more conviction. I am truly enjoying my much deserved break - and yes Absolutely totally Guilt FREE.

Then there is this second set of people who have been telling me - go pester your manager and get a project soon. I am not sure if I am that variety who can get paranoid and make others paranoid with the same conviction. One of the few skills that I am lacking in and am cognizant of it. Let's be realistic - its really in the company's interest if I get a project ( I'll be earning money for them Dude) and everyone above me with their head on their shoulders knows this VERY well. I really don't have to worry actually - there are others who are doing that bit for me, and i am confident that it will happen at the earliest possibility. Till then am enjoying life :)

I believe that like all other things in LIFE you WORK also balances itself. If you choose to relish the lenient patches you will love your work that follows and your work muscles will get time to repair themselves and get ready for a better stint next time with greater resilience. In the big picture of life a 3-4 weeks or even 2 months don't really matter as much as how much you loved doing what you did and how well you did it. Also this break gives you a chance to go and nourish your learning side - go pick up a skill - it could be a work related or non-work related skill but trust me I have found it works. Anything new that I learn leaves me charged and all set with much more Zeal and Enthusiasm , for instance my recent experiments with Blue and Green eyeliners probably :D (no casualties yet).

SO all those of you who have got this golden opportunity - go enjoy your life - smell the roses - let the sense of Freedom to do the little things like walking around the streets and talking to your friends excite you. This the Game of LIFE - it wouldn't be half as interesting without all these flavors and colors. And it's THE only LIFE we have (unlike our Catty friends ;) who have 9 ). Go get the best out of it and kick Guilt, Worry and all such negative emotions out of the door.

In the end what matters is not where you went but how much you loved the journey and the experience and how much you savoured the journey.. go give it you flavor. Its YOUR game of LIFE - make the RULES yourself.

5 comments:

richa said...

:-) reminds me of the following quote:

"Remember, happiness doesn't depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think."
Dale Carnegie

all the best:-)

Unknown said...

good one!!

ARUNA said...

Nice post Uma!!!

Unknown said...

"In the end what matters is not where you went but how much you loved the journey and the experience and how much you savoured the journey.. go give it you flavor"

Duddu... it matters where you went..whether that was the intended destination..this is as important as loving the journey itself..:)

freespirit said...

hey ,
loved ur style of writing!!
and i do agree with u, when u say u need that break to rejuvenate...

enjoy while it lasts..